Pokémon stands for “pocket monster.”
The Chernobyl accident is generally regarded as the most catastrophic nuclear power plant event in history – one of only two classified as a level 7 (the maximum). The other one was the Fukushima disaster in Japan in 2011.
Burger King served its first Whopper in 1957. It sold for 37 cents.
An electric razor in the USA buzzes in the key of B flat; in England, it is in the key of G.
1% of US households own 34.6% of all privately held wealth and 42.7% of all financial wealth. But they also pay 38% of all income taxes.
If you or someone you know is a fledgling copywriter (or wants to be), here are some facts to think about:
* The industry is huge – $2.3 trillion by some estimates. That’s almost twice as much as the finance industry.
* Job growth for copywriters is on the rise, running neck-and-neck with massive industries like customer service.
* Almost 94% of business owners plan to increase or maintain their budgets for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) this year. And 81% will be outsourcing – a great opportunity for freelance SEO writers.
* With almost 3 billion active users, social media writing has become the heart of almost every business plan. And according to research company eMarketer, we’re less than a year away from the moment when the marketing budget for social media alone will exceed current spending levels on TV.
* Companies that are looking for web copywriters are looking to spend $335 billion this year on content, video scripts, and copy.
* The 5.7 million B2B companies in the US are increasing their budgets for marketing. In 2018, they spent $4.6 billion, a jump from $4.07 billion in 2017 – and a major chunk goes to copywriters.
Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of their birthplace.
Sigmund Freud postulated that dreams are the symbolic expression of frustrated desires.
A “jiffy” is an actual unit of time – 1/100thof a second.
90% of men exaggerate the size of their penis. Less than 1/100thof 1% percent understate it.