Interesting Facts About Dubai
* In 1968, there were only 13 cars registered in Dubai. Today, there are nearly 2 million.
* Robot jockeys are replacing children in camel racing.
* 39% of the luxury Burj Al Arab hotel (the fifth-tallest hotel in the world) is made up of empty space at the top.
* The 3 man-made Palm Islands were constructed with 94 million cubic meters of sand.
* There are plans to build an air-conditioned city in Dubai that will be twice the size of Monaco.
* Dubai’s police cars include the Ferrari FF ($500,000), the Lamborghini Aventador ($397,000), and the Aston Martin One-77 ($1.79 million).